Author Topic: changing the gain factor with preamp tube.  (Read 9095 times)

Offline pickinatit

Re: changing the gain factor with preamp tube.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 10:48:28 am »
Ok so I've put the EHX 12AY7 to get the lowest gain I could go for a tiny practice room, I finally got to ear what a crank Solarus on KT-88 sounds like...seems less muddy but still insanely loud!

So I back off the volume at 5-6 to get the tone clean before I switch on the Sonic Titan...!

I can't even begin to imagine being in a "tiny practice room"  with a Solarus that you can "back off"  to 5-6 on the volume knob.  I played outdoor gigs like pool parties with my Solarus and never went past 3-4 on the volume knob.  Could you still hear the next day?  Ha Ha

Offline chev

• feel the tone!
Re: changing the gain factor with preamp tube.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 11:06:58 am »
Ok so I've put the EHX 12AY7 to get the lowest gain I could go for a tiny practice room, I finally got to ear what a crank Solarus on KT-88 sounds like...seems less muddy but still insanely loud!

So I back off the volume at 5-6 to get the tone clean before I switch on the Sonic Titan...!

I can't even begin to imagine being in a "tiny practice room"  with a Solarus that you can "back off"  to 5-6 on the volume knob.  I played outdoor gigs like pool parties with my Solarus and never went past 3-4 on the volume knob.  Could you still hear the next day?  Ha Ha

haha, yeah, need pro quality earplugs at all time. at this point it's got a lot to do with feeling the riffs, not just ear it. lol!

I actually play on 2 Solarus with KT-88, my bassit will soon have 2 Sonaro on 6550 to match the power...

got these with the red filter on:

http://www.vater.com/products/product.cfm?M=287

it's perfect for louder snare hit and if I need to reach my pedals in front of the stacks while playing...

we should be moving in something bigger this coming summer...doom bands takes space...
Sunn Model T 1st gen+Sunn 215s+Sunn 412s, Sunn Beta Bass+Sunn 215+Sunn Coliseum Slave+2 x Sunn 115