Author Topic: What a WONDERFUL site!  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Rocketboy

What a WONDERFUL site!
« on: September 28, 2001, 05:01:00 pm »
To the person/people who make this site possible, THANK YOU!!!

This message probably isn't Q&A, but here goes anyhow.  I now know I'm a Sunn Sickko, and have been for many years.  In spring of '68 I believe my band (The Psychedelic Sound) played a set at the Cleveland Teen Fair at the Cleveland Convention Center on the Mall.  We played at the DiFiore's stage (it was a roped-off area on the floor), and I got to use a brand new 200S.  It was great.  At the time my personnal amp was a Supro Thunderbolt; a nice amp, but still a notch beneath the ubiquitious Fender Bassman w/2X12 cabinet.  The 200S just blew me away.  Being 15 at the time, I couldn't afford a 200S.  Now I have scored a 200S head which should arrive next week.  Can't wait.  Should be a really nice bar band amp hooked to my 215S cabinet.  At that Teen Fair I saw the James Gang play Purple Haze (Joe Walsh was playing an ES335 with a big STP sticker on it), The Hello People, and Cyrus Erie (Later to become The Raspberries).  Heady stuff for a kid with a paper route.  Oh, yes - I now also have a 300T past nine months.  Kinda heavy, but it kicks SVT's teeth right out.  Have fun!

Ricardo Rocketboy
Heads up, everybody!