Author Topic: Hi All , just a quick introduction  (Read 2584 times)

Offline tmdazebass

Hi All , just a quick introduction
« on: July 08, 2012, 10:16:23 am »
I am just newly registered here and thought I would pop up a quick hello, well a little about myself.

I am primarily a bass player but do play some guitar as well, I just traded for an old Sunn Stagemaster head and Peavey 2x12.
I do not really know a bunch about these amps and I am looking for any information possible on it , are there any on line resources a person could turn to for manuals and schematics ? My amp works fine as is , but as anyone knows , the nature of electronics is to fail at the most inopportune times so I like to build a data base for all the equipment I own

this is the amp I picked up , traded an old 1970's portable bar for it:

well thanks all , I look forward to corresponding with the members of this group
This space left intentionally bland......for office use only

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
Re: Hi All , just a quick introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 09:47:52 pm »
Here's you a welcome to the forum from North Carolina.  I can't help you on the head, but go to the search function and put in stagemaster.  I did, and quite a few hits showed up.  One just might have some of the info that you're looking for.  Good luck.   
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:46:26 am »
Welcome aboard! The Stagemaster is one of the more elusive late Hartzell era Sunns, I don't think there were a whole bunch of them produced.
As bigobassman suggests, the search function is probably your best bet.

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 06:16:17 pm »
It looks sharp! How does it sound?
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline tmdazebass

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »
crisp and clean , wish I had a manual though , some of the dialage I have never seen before , would like to know cause and effect, no scratchy pots, both channels work great, wish it was a 4x12 instead of 2 . surprising tone from a SS amp , i am usually a tube guy but this one impresses me
This space left intentionally bland......for office use only