Author Topic: SUNN Model T - Question  (Read 11699 times)

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: SUNN Model T - Question
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 07:46:07 pm »
I think on a positive note that the genre has inspired a lot of kids to try to play instruments, saving them all of those tedious hours of actually learning to play.
An art form they can emulate pretty well a week or so after plugging in their first guitar.

In this age of sampling and PC based electronic, IMO anything that gets real instruments into peoples hand is a good thing!

I agree with your last point, that anything that encourages people to learn an instrument must be a good thing, but your first point is dreadfully condescending. Even if it is correct (which I doubt, at least in most instances), what is to be gained by expressing such a negative opinion?

It's just my opinion; but how much skill and practice does it take to turn your amp up wide open and hold a barre chord for a few minutes while it feeds back into sustained harmonic distortion?
As I said I don't understand the genre or it's fascination, and I think that at least part of it may be the ease which a neophyte player can "play" it. If it existed back when I was a young pup I probably would have been intrigued by the volume, smoke, robes and ease of emulating myself.

But anyway, it's all good! My jazz trumpet playing, music major Dad didn't appreciate me jamming along with the first Black Sabbath album as loud as I could make our stereo get either...

However, we should at least try to stay close to the topic of Model T generational differences in this thread.
You could always start a "stoner/doom/drone appreciation" thread in Bands.