Author Topic: SR-8200 problem  (Read 2545 times)

Offline metalmike7

SR-8200 problem
« on: November 02, 2001, 10:25:00 pm »
Hi everybody this is my first post at this cool site,I have my flame-proof goggles and
shop apron ready if I get flamed!I do a part
time repair service for a local msic store
and I worked on this particular unit a couple
of months ago.To make a long story longer
-just kidding! I more or less ressurected
this lovely unit from the grave,apparently
the owner likes keeping his equipment in a barn in southeastern Ohio!! I had to replace all the pots (took hours busting thm free
with rust penetrator etc)I replaced burnt
power resisters,transisters capacitors,blah
blah,and it worked great,well this customer that has no respect for gear brings it back to the store saying the efx loop doesnt work
now,well I dont know if it ever did?! After
I loked and checked the various values of components and took DMM readings cant find anything wrong and now I cant get any out put  to the speakers !!I am so pissed the only thing I noticed was a differnt reading on one of the pnp T-03 output devices? If anyone is familier with these units I wpould be mighty abliged for any input on this matter. Cheer's metalmike7

Offline Don T

SR-8200 problem
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2001, 09:12:00 am »
Hello:
 On the simple side make sure all of the switching jacks are makeing good contact.
The complaint is a common one because there is no effects loop on the SR units. Yes there is an effects in and out but look closely at the op guide and you will see that the effects out is after the effects master level knob and the effects in is before it. This was used to daisy chain two units together not as an effects loop.
Don T.
It's the ear not the gear.

Offline Don T

SR-8200 problem
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2001, 09:12:00 am »
Hello:
 On the simple side make sure all of the switching jacks are makeing good contact.
The complaint is a common one because there is no effects loop on the SR units. Yes there is an effects in and out but look closely at the op guide and you will see that the effects out is after the effects master level knob and the effects in is before it. This was used to daisy chain two units together not as an effects loop.
Don T.
It's the ear not the gear.

Offline metalmike7

SR-8200 problem
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2001, 04:11:00 pm »
Hey Don Thanx for the quick reply! I will
go check all the jacks and give them a De-oxit bath,and thanx for the info on the EFX
daisey-loop!I dont think the customer even has the op manual and I certainly dont but that makes sense.

Offline metalmike7

SR-8200 problem
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2001, 09:27:00 am »
Thanx Don, Your the Man! I checked all the jacks and sure enough one had a stuck switching contact.Cheer's