Author Topic: Looking for Sunn 200S, 300T, and a Fender Question.  (Read 1926 times)

Offline bass_nut

Looking for Sunn 200S, 300T, and a Fender Question.
« on: November 23, 2002, 11:55:09 am »
Hello, Everyone,

I'm trying to locate a Sunn 200S, preferably with JBL D-140's. I'm also looking for a Sunn 300 T head. Do you happen to know where such animals might exist? Also, what happened to Sunn at Fender? It appears that the Sunn brand name has been gobbled up and disappeared.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,

Chris

P.S. I leave near Salem, Oregon. I visited the Tualatin plant twice in the late 60's. Very impressive. Perhaps the the Sundholm folks have developed their own private amp line. Any ideas?

Offline RichBriere

• http://www.richbriere.com
Looking for Sunn 200S, 300T, and a Fender Question.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 12:49:00 pm »
Hi Chris........The NEW Sunn did poorly for a number of reasons. Without going into details, I will tell you that I had about 24 SUNN dealers in my former territory here in the Northeast. I was EXCITED about the product line......still am.  I think that you'll have a tougher time finding ANY Sunn gear in many other parts of the country however.  :oops:  

You should be able to find a leftover 300T at one of the larger dealers in your state. I'd recommend that anyone who wants a NEW 300T get them NOW, as many players have realized just how good they are and what they missed by not getting on board earlier.

Bass-ically Yours,
RB

www.richbriere.com
MTD & Sunn: They're addictive!  :^>)