Author Topic: Need Sunn Magna 2280 manual/info  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Pier Calacino

Need Sunn Magna 2280 manual/info
« on: February 12, 2001, 01:26:00 pm »
I am looking for a manual and information for this 8 channel rack mount mixer.  Does anyone know anything about it or know where I can find it?

Sincerely
Pier Calacino

Offline Don T.

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2001, 11:37:00 pm »
Hello:
 I have a service manual for the magna mixer but don't have the time to scan it in right now. I will do so at my earliest convenience but it will be after I scan the enforcer manual that I have promised to so many.
Don T.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline Pier Calacino

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2001, 07:46:00 am »
Thank You so much!
Do you know the specs on it too?  Was it a good mixer in its day?  Even today?
Was it used strictly as a stage mic mixer?

Thanks Pier

Offline Don T.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2001, 07:31:00 pm »
Hello:
 As mixers go it was pretty good however the XLR inputs are not balanced, they just short pin 2 to ground. I installed transformers into mine so I could run it as a monitor mixer on a split snake. I didn't want it to unbalance a 100 ft snake to my FOH mixer. Sonic qualities are pretty good except for the power supply makes the channel next to the master section hum a little (not unlike many mixers today with integral power supplies). It used a motherboard with plug in channel strips which makes them easy to fix, but taking them apart to "eraser" the edge connectors to clean them, neccessary. I have recorded through mine and used the monitor rack as mains with very good results.
Don T.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline JMM

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2001, 09:59:00 pm »
I am also looking for any info. on a Sunn Magna 2280.  Please send me any info on it at your convience.

Thanks
James