Author Topic: Sunn 200B ?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline fatlizzard

Sunn 200B ?
« on: November 11, 2004, 09:50:58 am »
I recently purchased a sunn 200B amp, I believe it to be a 1966 - 67 by the descriptions I have seen on this site (the numbers are on the control panel, not on the knobs, the knobs have silver centers), also the SUNN logo is not like any I've seen before, it is silver and looks like script writing with what looks like a small red sun in front of the S and another after the N, the usual radiating sunn logo is stenciled in black on the control panel as is the 200B in red,. The controls are laid out the same as a 200S with three knobs and two boost switches, one black and one red. I can't find any mention of a sunn 200B model on any site! Could this be a limited production or prototype of the 200S? Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated! I can send you a photo of the amp if it would help or if you would be interested.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Sunn 200B ?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 05:36:11 pm »
Is this the one that was on ebay ? Mighty strange. I know there was a 190B around 74 or so. You need to open it up and look for a date or tested by sticker. I'd like to see pictures of the inside and outside. The pictures that were on ebay weren't very good.

Offline fatlizzard

200B ?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 08:20:28 pm »
Yes it was the one on e-bay, I haven't received it yet but when I do I will post some detailed photos,I don't expect to receive it for about another week as there was a mixup with the seller needing an international money order and it is probably just now being shipped(from Canada!)I would like to find some history on this amp and know if it is original,everything I've seen on this site says that sunn only had the numbers on the controll panel
and plain knobs with a white stripe and crome centers from "66" - "67", do you know what year they introduced the 200S ? Im thinking maybe this was one of a few they made before they decided to call it the 200B!
I'll keep you posted!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fatlizzard

received amp
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 10:00:44 pm »
I received the amp today, it is a 200S not a 200B like the sellers ad said, I believe it must be a 66 - 67 because the numbers are on the control panel not on the knobs, also as mentioned above it has a logo like I’ve never seen before (I'll send a photo if you like) , now the bad part! Unfortunately the seller did a lousy packing job and both the transformers broke loose and destroyed all the tubes and pretty well destroyed a couple of tube sockets, the wiring for the transformers was also pulled loose, I would like to salvage this amp as I've already spent a good deal of money to acquire it, and because of it's age, I'll be posting here asking for anyone who might have a schematic and or good photos of the electronics.