Author Topic: SUNN 350B ?  (Read 3673 times)

Anonymous

SUNN 350B ?
« on: April 28, 2005, 02:43:45 pm »
hey all. i dont know too much about SUNN (or anything else for that matter) but i have recently become fascinated by these amps.
anyways is there any info anyone can give me about the model SUNN 350B by any chance? i THINK its somehow associated/synonymous with the 2000S but im not sure at all.

sub question, how would a guitar sound out of it, since im pretty sure its a bass head? reason i ask is there is one for sale in the local guitar shop for relatively cheap so i think i might hop on it if it could be used for guitar.

ok thanks alot for the help!

jordan

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
SUNN 350B ?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 08:10:59 pm »
Try searching this site for 350B.

Offline ACOUSTIC

350B
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 03:36:18 pm »
The same question has been asked before, but I don't think there's a lot of coherent information floating around about that head.

I have one. I use it for bass, but it sounds great for guitar. All of the things that people say about Sunns being "transparent" and "hi-fi" are totally true; it sounds like whatever guitar you're playing through it. It sounds wonderful (though totally gnarly and distorted) with my bass, and it sounds like a clean, loud tube amp for guitar. With my Telecaster it sounds sort of like the Kinks or something, that kind of sound. It's also really pretty loud.

It's a great head, how much are they asking?

demangone

SUNN 350B ?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 09:32:16 pm »
I have one that I've used for both guitar and bass.  Bass sounds amazing, its a bit muddy for guitar because I have it running through 2 1x15's.  Id like to try it with a 4x10 and 1x15  and see how that sounds. Overall an awesome and extremely loud amp.  Just buy it, sunns are the new emo band amp of choice  so even if you hate it you'll be able to sell it and make a profit.

Anonymous

Muddy
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 08:54:39 am »
I use mine through a 2x15 cabinet and I definitely don't find it to be muddy at all, I say go for it. Or let me know where it's located (seriously).

Offline Rich Briere

• http://www.richbriere.com
SUNN 350B ?
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 07:51:33 pm »
SUNN went through a period of time when it was time for new models. In some of the oddest things that I've seen, new decals/stickers were used on existing amps. I've seen 200S heads that had 350 stickers on them. I peeled one off myself to find the original 200S model # stenciled on. I'll ask Conrad and see what his take on it is.

Any other Sundholms in attendance these days?  :^>)

Bass-ically Yours,
Rich Briere

http://www.richbriere.com
MTD and Sunn...........life gets NO better than that.

Offline Hal Jarvis

SUNN 350B ?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 10:58:13 am »
My 350B is on ebay now, listed as:
SUNN 350B BASS AMP VINTAGE 6550 KT-88 2000S not ampeg

$399. no reserve.