Author Topic: He Shoots, He Scores!  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
He Shoots, He Scores!
« on: February 17, 2006, 09:38:04 pm »
It was advertised on eBay as a Sunn 2x12. I looked at the photos, and it didn't look like the only Sunn 2x12 I'd ever seen. No, it looked like a 200S cabinet, with two 15"s. Nobody was bidding on it, partly because the shipping charges were rather high, but I thought I'd take a chance.

Sure enough, it's a 200S! The classic Sunn "folded horn" cabinet.

There are some anomalies. The 15" drivers are not JBL D140s. The grill comes off, and it has the later style grill cloth. Maybe it's a 100S instead? Either way, I think I got a steal. I might re-sell it, or I might put my spare D140s into it.

I'll open it up and find out what kind of drivers it has in it, but probably not until Sunday.
Isaac

Offline sunnfever

He Shoots, He Scores!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 07:39:26 pm »
Congrats! Sunn scores are awesome where ever you find them. Comb the small music stores or (big music stores for that matter),pawn shops, junk stores, want adds, garage sales, estate sales and of course the usual ebay and craigslist stops. It is heartbreaking to think that any of these sunn pieces are rotting away or in a landfill. :( (O.K. so I get a little choked up about it. Sue me! he he!)