Author Topic: 412S Speaker Cabinet  (Read 2579 times)

Offline judemo

412S Speaker Cabinet
« on: July 11, 2000, 06:38:00 pm »
I bought a 412S speaker cabinet with a concert lead head in 1975. The cabinet is listed at 16 ohms and 240W, but I have no other information about it. Whatever brochures I may have had a long lost. The spec sheet at the dangpow.com site and Rich Briere's site show the concert lead with a 312 cabinet. Did I get something odd?

anyone have any information about this cabinet?

Thanks

Offline MarkG

412S Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2000, 12:53:00 pm »
: I bought a 412S speaker cabinet with a concert lead head in 1975. The cabinet is listed at 16 ohms and 240W, but I have no other information about it. Whatever brochures I may have had a long lost. The spec sheet at the dangpow.com site and Rich Briere's site show the concert lead with a 312 cabinet. Did I get something odd?

: anyone have any information about this cabinet?

: Thanks

16ohms is kind of high for the Concert series amps.My Concert Bass which is nearly the same came with a 4ohm cabinet. I could go down to 2ohms
(dual cabinets) and actually get a bit more power out of it,or go up to 8ohms with a bit less.I didnt think they would work too well at 16ohms.
You have had it a long time,how has it worked? Did you seem to get all the power out you expected?

Offline judemo

412S Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2000, 03:11:00 pm »
: : I bought a 412S speaker cabinet with a concert lead head in 1975. The cabinet is listed at 16 ohms and 240W, but I have no other information about it. Whatever brochures I may have had a long lost. The spec sheet at the dangpow.com site and Rich Briere's site show the concert lead with a 312 cabinet. Did I get something odd?

: : anyone have any information about this cabinet?

: : Thanks

: 16ohms is kind of high for the Concert series amps.My Concert Bass which is nearly the same came with a 4ohm cabinet. I could go down to 2ohms
: (dual cabinets) and actually get a bit more power out of it,or go up to 8ohms with a bit less.I didnt think they would work too well at 16ohms.
: You have had it a long time,how has it worked? Did you seem to get all the power out you expected?

It's always seemed a little lower than expected, but the boost pedal kicked it up. I've played in 3000 seat auditoriums without any problems, and outdoors always was okay. The cabinet was a bit directional, so I raised the speakers 1/2 inch off the cabinet wall with stand-offs. Seemed to port it a bit, and make the tone a little fuller. I didn't realize until I found this site that the 412 cabinet might not have been the correct one. [I tried a 610 cabinet when I first got the amp - blew two of the speakers so I decided on the 412S. The 3 speaker cabinet shown in the brochure was never offered by the salesman.]