Author Topic: Sunn S-200 - Can I jumper/ bridge the channels?  (Read 4157 times)

Offline jerryjg

Sunn S-200 - Can I jumper/ bridge the channels?
« on: February 15, 2008, 10:44:56 pm »
I can jumper the channels on my Sound City 120 MkIV.
Can I bridge nnels on my Sunn S-200?  What would be best way? From top bright to bottom normal? Thanks!

Online Isaac

• Global Moderator
Re: Sunn S-200 - Can I jumper/ bridge the channels?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 07:46:19 am »
What's an S-200?

My 200S doesn't have two channels, nor does it have bright, normal, or top and bottom inputs. All it has is inputs 1 and 2.
Isaac

Offline jerryjg

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 06:00:10 am »
38 views and noone bothered to help? Im sure one of you guys that saw this knows perfectly well whether Sunn amp channels can be jumped. NOT very helpfull but what goes around comes around. I always try to be helpfull.
And yeah its a 200S but mine has 4 inputs. 2 vetical bright inputs on the left and two vertical normal inputs right besides the bright. By the way, hope i dont come off as being "snotty" with htis reply. Im just dissapointed.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 08:18:28 am »
Wow, so sorry to inconvenience you. I can’t believe the Sunn forum had the audacity to keep you waiting for almost 34 hrs!

But…hold on a minute; Isaac answered you in just over 9 hrs.
Of course, this is unacceptably slow as well, but you are somewhat responsible by failing to mention that it was a life threatening emergency!

My 200S doesn't have two channels, nor does it have bright, normal, or top and bottom inputs. All it has is inputs 1 and 2.

I’ll do what ever I can to get the responsible parties terminated, and I think I speak for the entire forum community when I again offer my sincere apologies for not dropping everything to answer your bonehead question.

By the way, hope i dont come off as being "snotty" with htis reply. Im just dissapointed.

You have every right to be “snotty”, you have been heinously wronged! Keep posting questions, I’m sure you will get accurate answers very quickly in the future.  :wink:

In fact, here’s an answer for you original question;
It’s your amp, do whatever you want to it. Be sure to let us know if it blows up or something, so we can quickly and accurately answer the next amplifier neophyte that asks it.

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 08:57:22 am »

38 views for a trivial question? Heck, I'd take that as an inprovement in our response time for trivial questions   :-o

Offline jerryjg

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 12:55:56 pm »
hah . Im such a dickhead! Not all the time i hope. Just sometimes like this. I'll work on it.I didnt notice Isaac was a moderator.

Offline basiklybass

• My Sunn's
    • The Old Days
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 06:12:01 pm »
I don't understand what relationship Isaac being a moderator has to his answer.

A search of the Internet and this site will reveal that there are no pictures or schematics of the Sunn 200S having 4 inputs. With this in mind it appears JerryJG's amp is either not a 200S or has been modified in some way. Since either Jerry JG does not know what amp he has, which makes it hard to answer a question about it, or his 200S has been modified which makes it impossible to answer a question about it since JerryJG did not include pictures nor schematics of his amp, I feel that no matter who answers or what answer is given, you Mr. JerryJG have asked an incomplete question and supplied incomplete information and it is clear you have not done your homework but simply thought that someone else's labors and toils might save you the trouble of actually knowing what the heck your talking about.

Sorry, we don't know what your talking about, could you supply more information like perhaps pictures, schematics or other information about the specific amp you are using? Thanks, that will make it a bit easier for someone to answer your question. Perhaps a search of this site and the schematics contained herein would answer your question since I am sure you will see just how each input is connected to the system and perhaps even answer your own question. And who knows, you might learn something in the process.

Just a side note, you may want to do a spell check as well, what and how you write does make an impression on some of us.

Offline jerryjg

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 05:06:37 pm »
Yeah. Stupid me! Its a 100S. D'oh. I'm sorry!

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 12:29:05 pm »
Yeah. Stupid me! Its a 100S. D'oh. I'm sorry!

:-D

It's still a single channel amp.

Online Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 02:39:42 pm »
So, we've established that it's a 100S, with four inputs. Looking at the 100S schematic here, we can see the four inputs which are all parallelled into the single channel.

Can you bridge across the inputs? Sure. But, since all of the inputs are in parallel after the input resistor, I don't see that it would gain you anything. However, it won't cost anything, either, assuming you have a spare guitar cord available. Why not just try it, and see?
Isaac