Author Topic: sr-8200  (Read 3190 times)

Offline matt

sr-8200
« on: April 14, 2000, 10:46:00 am »
http://www.sunnamplifiers.com/sr8200/sr8200fc.jpg">

i recently aquired a sunn sr-8200 PA ( i traded a digitech
guitar rack processor that i hated for it). i was trying
to find a manual on line or anything about this. when
was it made, how much do these usually cost, etc. so
far, all i have found is a picture of it on one site.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline matt

sr-8200
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2000, 01:53:00 pm »
i checked the fender site and i have not seen a mention of this piece at all. i'm
completely stumped.

Offline Don T.

sr-8200
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2000, 10:06:00 pm »

: i recently aquired a sunn sr-8200 PA ( i traded a digitech
: guitar rack processor that i hated for it). i was trying
:  to find a manual on line or anything about this. when
:  was it made, how much do these usually cost, etc. so
: far, all i have found is a picture of it on one site.

: any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello,
 The SR8200 was a nice unit. Very reliable. Produced 200 watts into 4 ohms. It uses a standard 20-0166 power amp section which with mods to the heatsink would do 300 watts into 2 ohms. I used to rent out a SR8200 and a SGA310 as a small PA with model 8 speakers and a couple of monitors. I should have some tech specs on the pre-amp board and you can always use the SA-21 circuit diagram for the power amp. I think I still have an op guide for it too.  Don T.

Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline matt

sr-8200
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2000, 06:57:00 am »

: Hello,
:   The SR8200 was a nice unit. Very reliable. Produced 200 watts into 4 ohms. It uses a standard 20-0166 power amp section which with mods to the heatsink would do 300 watts into 2 ohms. I used to rent out a SR8200 and a SGA310 as a small PA with model 8 speakers and a couple of monitors. I should have some tech specs on the pre-amp board and you can always use the SA-21 circuit diagram for the power amp. I think I still have an op guide for it too.  Don T.

don - thanks for the response! i am mostly intereste in getting the op guide, as i have no plans to modify it unless it breaks ;o) ... if you do have the op guide, i'd gladly pay you for photocopies of the pages (or scans via email even!).

thanks for the feedback on the unit. i am really excited now at the prospect of hooking up some speakers to this thing and betling out some sound.
thanks again don!
-matt