Author Topic: Beta Lead 410 questions, (first post, great site!)  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Eric

Beta Lead 410 questions, (first post, great site!)
« on: April 12, 2000, 03:13:00 pm »
Hello all,

First of all, great site here!  Viva Sunn!!!  I've been a fan since borrowing a Concert Bass head years ago...

Well, I've made a deal and a supposedly mint Beta Lead 410 combo amp is being delivered to me this Saturday.  What I wanted to ask is, what do you all think of the sound of the 4 10's compared to the 2x12 versions?  And who made the speakers?  At this point all I know is it's in excellent original condition with footswitch.  I bought this amp specifically for a bottom-endy crunch sound (King Buzzo, my hero!), so I hope this is the model that does it...  
Basically any comments welcome!

Thank!
Eric

Offline Don T.

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2000, 07:14:00 pm »

: Hello all,

: First of all, great site here!  Viva Sunn!!!  I've been a fan since borrowing a Concert Bass head years ago...

: Well, I've made a deal and a supposedly mint Beta Lead 410 combo amp is being delivered to me this Saturday.  What I wanted to ask is, what do you all think of the sound of the 4 10's compared to the 2x12 versions?  And who made the speakers?  At this point all I know is it's in excellent original condition with footswitch.  I bought this amp specifically for a bottom-endy crunch sound (King Buzzo, my hero!), so I hope this is the model that does it...  
: Basically any comments welcome!

: Thank!
: Eric
Hello,
 Personally I love the 4x10 cabinets. The speakers were 1.5" voice coil 16 ohm units that were a copy of a fender design. Thay had alnico maginets and were built by Sunn at the Williamstown plant. I currently use 2 of these in stereo with Supro amps. Don T.

Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2000, 02:44:00 pm »
:
: : Hello all,

: : First of all, great site here!  Viva Sunn!!!  I've been a fan since borrowing a Concert Bass head years ago...

: : Well, I've made a deal and a supposedly mint Beta Lead 410 combo amp is being delivered to me this Saturday.  What I wanted to ask is, what do you all think of the sound of the 4 10's compared to the 2x12 versions?  And who made the speakers?  At this point all I know is it's in excellent original condition with footswitch.  I bought this amp specifically for a bottom-endy crunch sound (King Buzzo, my hero!), so I hope this is the model that does it...  
: : Basically any comments welcome!

: : Thank!
: : Eric
: Hello,
:   Personally I love the 4x10 cabinets. The speakers were 1.5" voice coil 16 ohm units that were a copy of a fender design. Thay had alnico maginets and were built by Sunn at the Williamstown plant. I currently use 2 of these in stereo with Supro amps. Don T.

Don,

So, are you using the Sunn's for clean and the Supros for dirty?  Sounds like quite a rig.  You must have roadies, (or a strong back), eh??  Thanks for the in-depth speaker info!  So they were copies of the CTS AlNiCo's thast Fender used at the time?  Makes sense...
Thanks!
Eric

Offline v

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2000, 06:13:00 pm »
: :
: : : Hello all,

: : : First of all, great site here!  Viva Sunn!!!  I've been a fan since borrowing a Concert Bass head years ago...

: : : Well, I've made a deal and a supposedly mint Beta Lead 410 combo amp is being delivered to me this Saturday.  What I wanted to ask is, what do you all think of the sound of the 4 10's compared to the 2x12 versions?  And who made the speakers?  At this point all I know is it's in excellent original condition with footswitch.  I bought this amp specifically for a bottom-endy crunch sound (King Buzzo, my hero!), so I hope this is the model that does it...  
: : : Basically any comments welcome!

: : : Thank!
: : : Eric
: : Hello,
: :   Personally I love the 4x10 cabinets. The speakers were 1.5" voice coil 16 ohm units that were a copy of a fender design. Thay had alnico maginets and were built by Sunn at the Williamstown plant. I currently use 2 of these in stereo with Supro amps. Don T.

: Don,

: So, are you using the Sunn's for clean and the Supros for dirty?  Sounds like quite a rig.  You must have roadies, (or a strong back), eh??  Thanks for the in-depth speaker info!  So they were copies of the CTS AlNiCo's thast Fender used at the time?  Makes sense...
: Thanks!
: Eric

i've had one for years and think they deliver a nice crunch compared to 12's.......... gotta love this amp
bfn
v