Author Topic: sunn hardware  (Read 2389 times)

Offline noel

sunn hardware
« on: August 26, 2008, 09:41:50 am »
Hey All,
I'm looking for a replacement handle for a 2000s.  The one that came on mine is not original.  I'd like to restore this to like new condition.  Send me a message if you've got one of these or know where I could get one.
thanks!

Offline made by hand

Re: sunn hardware
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:53:01 pm »
NOEL......i have some hens teeth you can buy...but a handle...hummmmmm

Offline noel

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 09:39:11 am »
I know this is the internet so everyone can be a big man when they're annonymous but I'm just asking.  There are a couple guys on here that are helpful (usually the moderators A+ guys!) but some of the members feel the need to insult everyone or insert some stupid sarcastic comment.  I'm asking for parts on a forum specifically dedicated to sunn amps.  Its not as if I don't know its rare.  Just putting it out there in case someone has parts.  Not trying to flame anyone here but I'm just saying, lets keep it constructive guys!  We're all sunn lovers so no need to go treating other members here like common ampeg trash ;-)

Offline spellcaster

• Nicholas Syracuse Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 01:56:14 pm »
I believe the 2000s came with  two different style handles. The earlier version having a  ribbed rubber type handle and a later padded version.
My 70's version has the padded one but I've seen new rubber types selling online at differnt part stores that look about the same.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 02:28:54 pm by spellcaster »

Offline made by hand

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:00:07 pm »
noel...sorry for you feeling that my comment hit below the belt...it's ok to have a sense of humor...as any of the other sunn guys knows.....sorry for putting it this way...sunn handles are as rare as hens teeth....it seems like for every amp that was made....there was only one handle..you don't even see them on ebay unless someone is parting out a amp or head...the closest handle, or one that you get get away with is probably the fender handle...ya, it doesn't have the end caps that cover the ends like sunn made but, you have to pick up your amp with something....there was another amp company that had handles close to sunn , but as time goes on, i can't remember the name...it was when i was a kid...that was a long time ago...but your quest for the old style handle will go on unless one pops up on ebay which i haven't seen yet....good luck...and...smiles      bob from mass.

Offline george

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 08:16:24 am »
I have to admit that Sunn handles are very hard to source. Take a look at the handle on this page - I have used the chrome end caps from Marshall handles too.
http://www.fliptops.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=29_30

Offline spellcaster

• Nicholas Syracuse Photography
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 08:14:56 pm »
Tried out George's suggestion of the Marshall handle from Fliptops and indeed the mounting bolts do fit the original handle holes. The end caps are a bit larger but overall I would say it is a nice replacement option. Would still like to find exact handles myself.
I've been looking for replacement corners as well. Fliptops do have the 2 hole amp corners that are a perfect match but still need the 3 hole corners for my cabinets.
Vibroworld looks like they have them but their on-line store is closed and they have not been responsive to calls or emails.
Anyone have a lead for cabinet corners?

Offline noel

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 09:05:54 am »
For my handle I just bought a hiwatt style chrome handle off mojotone.  It was a good fit.  Unfortunately by the time george responded I had already decided to stop waisting my time on this forum.  Most of the time you ask a question and it falls on deaf ears.  Too bad for me.  Glad George's suggestion was solid.  I just ordered some sunn corners from a guy on ebay.  I need the two hole for my 2000s head but he claimed to have 3 hole.  When they arrive I'll update if they're any good.  Unfortunately the guy seems like kind of a dink though...he shipped it about 5 days after I paid him (which was immediately after I won).