Author Topic: does this sound possible?  (Read 2002 times)

Offline kevan

• demolition by low frequency
does this sound possible?
« on: September 27, 2008, 12:30:26 pm »
hi again, so we know that the beta series amps have channels A,B,or both. when i got mine the both channel option did not work the other two were fine. i then had a volume drop issue and cracked it open to look for the problem. removed the preamp section and found presumably nothing amiss. when i put it all back together and tested it somehow the both channel input works again which made me a happy man i believe the input jack tips were making contact with one another and affecting the overall output of the head:) i also believe that the volume drop was in the preamp(see where im goin with this?) i however have no way of knowing this until i can run it through my 6x10
at full volume. also i want to know at what level on beta leads does it get call the cops loud that might help me gauge my own head i seem to remember that it was loud with channel level on 10 master on 1/2 and really really loud with master vol. on 1 has anyone else had the inputs in the chassis making contact? if so did it affect your volume?
-K