Author Topic: Sunn 412SR Question  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Johnny Guitar

Sunn 412SR Question
« on: September 27, 2008, 07:18:50 pm »
Greetings!  I picked up a pair of 412SR cabs about a year ago and just got a second pair.  The second pair have
two holes in the top front of the cabinets with plastic cup inserts.  I haven't measured them but they are around
5/8" dia.  My other pair do not have these, does anybody know what they are for?

Thanks,
Johnny G.

Offline made by hand

Re: Sunn 412SR Question
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 09:54:20 pm »
johnny....i'll take a shot at this one..do the '' cups " look like they might hold the lower rubber feet of the head to keep it from creeping off the cab...you weren't really clear on if the ''CUPS'' were on the top of the cab or in the front as in the grill cloth...it got fuzzy here..they just might be for what i suggested.....most of the new amps built over the last few years have this built in so the heads ''FEET''   insert into either round or square counter sunk ''cups''  ... i might be something someone added to the cab....when other sunn guys read your post they may have a reason.....stay tuned.....smiles   Bob from mass.

Offline Johnny Guitar

Re: Sunn 412SR Question
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 12:31:44 pm »
Thanks Bob for replying.  Thats what I first thought but they look "Factory", they are only on the front of the (Top) cabinet.  If it was for the Head there would be two more on the back of the (Top) cabinet.  I do have a pair of the little Concert Horn Accessory that would sit on top of the columns.  I know they have 4 feet on the bottom though, I'll have to check and see if they lign up.  If they do, could it be to aim the horns down slightly - I doubt it.  Anybody else have any ideas??

Thanks,
Johnny G.