Author Topic: Concert Lead Footswitch  (Read 1753 times)

Offline atob37

Concert Lead Footswitch
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:58:05 am »
I know this topic has been brought up here before, but I can't seem to find what I need.  I got a concert lead (red and black, seven pin footswitch) and I can't find anything about it.  I checked the schematic for the amp itself, and it looks like only six of the pins are used.  I was wondering if anyone had the schematic or diagram for the footswitch itself.  I think i could wire one up if I had the diagram.  The connector is not a standard 7 pin DIN plug, as the normal 7 pins do not have a central pin like the one on the head does. 

The amp sounds great, i am running it through a 2x15 cabinet with no identifying marks on it at all. 

I've learned a lot on this forum in the past few weeks, thanks for everything.

Offline mckinnon audio

Re: Concert Lead Footswitch
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 08:07:59 am »
  Hi there atob37,looking at the pics.,I don't think that's a Din plug,it's similar but more heavy duty.You're only using 6 of the 7 pins,that usually means the 7th pin is used as an alignment pin,N/C on this pin. Pins B,D,and F are the audio shield/gnd. and pins A,C,and E are the "hots",which are shorted to gnd.to complete the circuit.Peavey amps have been using this since the 70's,(along with a lot of others).You can make up a box with some foot sw.'s and you should be in buisness.I'd prob. change that connector to a Din if it was mine,more common.Hope this helps,good luck Mel.

Offline atob37

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 02:48:38 pm »
This would just be a 3 switch unit with each one ground and one hot going to each switch?  Is there anything else in the switch box itself other than the switch (ie do I need any resistors)?  If it is as simple as just wiring up the switches themselves, I should have no problem. 

Offline mckinnon audio

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 03:27:05 pm »
  Hi there,you'd only need resistors if you were running power to led's to indicate status,(on/off).You could use DPDT sw's,wire one side for audio,the other side for DC volts.You would also need a voltage source from the amp,you could use the 7th pin on the connector for the power conn.
  It's much esaier without the led's.Just 3 sw's and some multi-cable or 3 coax lines.Hope this is of some help,good luck Mel.