The sunn Forum
  • July 15, 2019, 06:56:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new home of The sunn Forum!

Author Topic: Giving serious thought to selling all of my old Sunn gear.  (Read 24 times)

Isaac

• Global Moderator

Let's face it, I'm not getting any younger. The old gear is cool, and sounds great, but it's so big and heavy. I rarely take any of it our anymore, and I'm looking at gettign small gear than what I'm presently using. The Sunn stuff, great as it is, mostly just takes up room in my house. I'm not there yet. I haven't convinced myself that it's the right thing to do, but I can see myself getting closer.
Isaac

EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Giving serious thought to selling all of my old Sunn gear.
« Reply #1 on: Today at 11:12:22 am »

I feel your pain Isaac (LITERALLY, every time I heft a cabinet into a vehicle...  :wink:). Fortunately the only band I play in currently has a dedicated SR company, so all I gig with is a 200S head and an I-40, even my stage volume comes from fold back monitors, and still I'm semi actively looking for a 115 neo cab, or at least a neo driver for the I-40 to shave a few lbs.
The idea of wrestling a pair of 2000S cabs around isn't even on my radar, if need be I'd hire some labor when/if the inclination to drag out the big guns arises.
The fortunate thing is do I have space for all of my Sunn gear in my shop, and it's not bothering "anyone" (aka my wife).

I can't imagine selling yet, although I had some conversation with a backline company's owner a few years ago about how he felt he could probably get some interest by offering a big tube Sunn rig for national tours. They already primarily rent SVT rigs, wouldn't be much more as far as logistics, and a couple of 2000S rigs would certainly make for an unique option.