Author Topic: 4x12 LH  (Read 2693 times)

Offline paco)))

4x12 LH
« on: November 21, 2008, 06:51:52 pm »
Do these make good bass cabs? I have a chance to get one tomorrow & was just wondering. I would probably run my beta bass throught it along with a beta 205 cab.

Thanks,
Paco)))

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
Re: 4x12 LH
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 08:27:08 pm »
Depends a lot on your style and settings.  I've used one in the past.  It does good to real good if you want your sound more on the punchy side.  I personally like a bit more bottom thunder, so after several years of ownerhip, I sold it to a guitar player and it really rocked on the six string.  I guess some of it depends on the deal you're getting and condition.  8-)
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline cromag

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 12:28:10 pm »
i have two that i play a second gen model T through.  they have plenty of bottom end for my taste.  real gnarly in fact.    i think they were in fact promoted as bass cabinets.   entwistle used a few of them in the later sunn years.

Offline paco)))

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 06:11:05 pm »
Well, it looks like I'm gonna get it. We settled on a trade deal for it. I'm getting rid of a couple pedals I don't use & a ragged out sunn studio lead. They're throwing in a couple 20' guitar cables, I hate buying those things. I'm thinking of making a pyramid stack with the 412LH sideways on the bottom then the 205 sideways then the 105 & the beta bass amp on top. It will look odd but I think it will sound pretty good. I just got a bass big muff pedal today too. I recommend the pedal, it sounds way better for bass than the regular big muff & has a lot of bottom end in it. It also has a switch that you can boost the bass & also mix the dry signal in it. It has a lot of sustain in it too I really like it.