Author Topic: Anyone interested in vintage Kustom gear? I have some for sale  (Read 6804 times)

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
Now that my Sunn collection is set (at least for now), I don't have enough room to keep all my vintage Kustom amps and cabs.  All are the black tuck-and-roll vinyl many of us remember and love.  All of these cabs sound great but my first allegiance is to Sunn so the Kustoms, except for one combo, gotta go.

The headliner is a 1969 K200B-1 with matching "Kustom Electronics" 215. It sounds magnificent and the condition is showroom quality - one reason it never leqaves the house! Includes original heavy vinyl covers made by Kustom. This baby is all original except for the three-prong plug and grounded on-off switch. (The original cord had been taped up by a previous owner and after I got shocked once I decided it was time to upgrade.) $475 OBO.

If you are interested in making this a supercool two-cab rig, I'll make a good deal on a nearly identical "Kustom by Ross" 215 described below. It is from the same time period as the other one, with CTS speakers manufactured in January 1969. Also has a black vinyl cover made by Custom Covers. If you just want this cab by itself, it's available for $225 OBO. This cabinet is in super condition as well, but just isn't in excellent/perfect condition like the other one.

Both speaker cabinets sound great, I've never had to do anything with them other than enjoy the tone.

I also have a 1971 K200B-5 four-channel PA head. Looks great, sounds good. Recently serviced and also upgraded to three-prong plug. $225 OBO.  Everything works as it should, including the reverb.

Finally, I have a K250B-1 with the gigantic 118B-1 W-horn cabinet. It sounds dynamite and projects like nobody's business but it's just too big and heavy for me to lug around so it's up for grabs, too. It is in excellent condition, no rips, cracks or anything. The speaker was professionally rebuilt last year, and it also has a Custom Covers vinyl cover for the head. Asking $500 due to condition and because I don't want to let it go so bad that'll give it away.

Handles on all cabinets are in good shape, complete with the plastic inserts.

One last thing: I am located in St. Louis, Mo., and will not ship this gear. It's too much trouble, it's expensive, and it risks damage that I don't want to have to worry about. That said, you are welcome to come here and check them out, or we could meet somewhere within an easy driving distance.  

Thanks for reading this far. Please e-mail me at sunnequipped (at) sbcglobal.net or PM me through the site if you'd like additional photos or have any questions.  See photos on my Craigslist posting: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/1183687999.html.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 07:41:08 am by CLD »
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
Re: Anyone interested in vintage Kustom gear? I have some for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 08:56:20 am »
I always wondered how these sounded.  A local pawn shop had a head and cab(just like the middle one of yours), but it was blue and glittery.  They were asking way to much for it though and I don't think they ever sold it, but sent it to another store.

Offline mckinnon audio

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:45:37 am »
   Hi there,that's the nicest looking Kustom gear I've seen in years!! I'd love to have that 69' K200B,but shipping makes it impossible.I don't think you'll have any trouble selling that gear at all.Good luck,Mel.

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 06:36:48 pm »
Thanks!

Sunn since June 1971!

Offline loopyreed

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 06:55:17 pm »
Hey, our bass player might be interested in your Kustoms...I'll pm you about it. 

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 02:28:25 pm »
The PA head and the "Kustom by Ross" 215 cab sold a couple of weeks ago, and the pristine 1969 Kustom K200B-1 with matching 215 also are sold.  Still have the big honking K250 with the 18" W horn cabinet, if anyone is interested! 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:44:14 pm by CLD »
Sunn since June 1971!