Author Topic: concert lead  (Read 2433 times)

Offline djc

concert lead
« on: August 15, 2009, 11:34:01 am »

can anyone tell me what this jumper might do on a concert lead?

Offline xsolarusx

• Black Faxes
Re: concert lead
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 11:51:44 am »
It would probably function to 'blend' the two channels.  My Traynor Bassmaster can do the same thing, where you patch the channels, and the volumes(and on the concert lead, I assume all knobs) blend to alter the tone of the head, ideally resulting in massive amounts of radness.

Hope that helps!
(2) 73 1st Gen Model T
Late 70's Marshall JCM 800 1960B cab

Offline djc

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 02:22:07 pm »
cool!  I'm gonna try that now!

Offline djc

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 03:20:22 pm »
I tried it.  somewhat disappointing.  it cut volume, not by much but a little, created a funny fuzz-like distortion that seemed to sound compressed (not sure how to describe it, that's as close as I can come).  added reverb to the distortion channel, the only good thing.  made the overall clean tone richer. 

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my distortion side.  I've never been able to get gobs of distortion like some say with these amps.  just a nice 70's CCR type distortion.
I usually just use a pedal on the reverb side.  thought it would be cool to use the amps features.
I've never found (or haven't spent enough on) a distortion or overdrive I really like, was hoping looping the channels together would do it.

yes, part of it is my guitars, ones a Tele with Fender noiseless Somarium Cobalt, the othe a strat with Texas specials
sometimes I wan't big hairy humbukers, just want it from single coils(I like my guitars)

any thoughts?