Author Topic: What is it worth?  (Read 4356 times)

Offline TOM SHAND

What is it worth?
« on: December 24, 2009, 09:13:07 am »
I have a Sunn Solarus head and cabinet with two 12 inch speakers that is in good condition.  The amp is all original and in good condition with a little wear on the knobs.  Wondering what this is worth?  Any help would be appreciated.
interested in 1960's and early 70's sunn amps

Offline xsolarusx

• Black Faxes
Re: What is it worth?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 09:34:24 am »
Hey there, please take a moment to look around at the other postings on determining the value of gear.

Simply put, there is no actual known market value, so as it's commonly said, an item is worth exactly as much as someone is willing to pay for it.  The best bet is to look at completed eBay auctions, and see what people have been willing to pay previously.

If I recall correctly, a guy on here sold a unit of pretty equal value for about $650 Canadian, though he had it posted for quite some time.

Good luck.
(2) 73 1st Gen Model T
Late 70's Marshall JCM 800 1960B cab

Offline pickinatit

Re: What is it worth?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 10:37:07 am »
I see the Solarus 2 X 12 cabinet for sale so rarely,  that I have to believe that anyone that really, really wants the original enchilada would pay pretty good for that speaker cab alone.  I don't think enough of them come up for sale on the bay or C-List to really set a price range, so,   I can't really back that up with any hard evidence,  just a "gut feel" that the head WITH an original cab in good condition should go for more then $650 if you are patient enough.