Author Topic: SUNN MUSTANG GUITARS: Anybody know anything about them?  (Read 3321 times)

Offline pickinatit

SUNN MUSTANG GUITARS: Anybody know anything about them?
« on: March 05, 2010, 10:18:18 am »
I see them up for auction/sale every now and then.  I'm half tempted to buy one sometime just for the novelty of owning one if I didn't have to pay too much.

There's one on E-Bay now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190377905858

But it's in Great Britain and according to the shipping calculator on E-Bay, at today's exchange rate, the shipping to the U.S. would be about $113.362 USD.  I'll wait till I see another one "in country" thank you very much.

Anyway,  does anybody know anything about them?  Were/are they any good?  How do they stack up compared to Fender Strat?   Squier? SX ?
 Or what are they close to quality wise?

Just curious,
Michael

Offline jaybird

Re: SUNN MUSTANG GUITARS: Anybody know anything about them?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:49:23 am »
I think they were a budget line made in India in the 80s, primarily for the European market. Really nothing to do with Sunn, just another place for Fender to slap the Sunn logo after they bought out the company.
Coliseum 300
Fender-era Sunn 215 cab

Offline madaradio

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 08:19:35 pm »
don't waste your money.

it's just a crap guitar with the sunn name on it after fender bought out the rights.

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 03:06:06 am »
I think they were a budget line made in India in the 80s, primarily for the European market. Really nothing to do with Sunn, just another place for Fender to slap the Sunn logo after they bought out the company.

:?A  MII  guitar?  That's a new wrinkle  :-D

don't waste your money.

it's just a crap guitar with the sunn name on it after fender bought out the rights.

I suspected as much.  Like I said,  I would like to have one just for the novelty of it if I didn't have to pay too much.
(I mean I already have a Harmony Strat. copy that has frets that will shred your hand to ribbons if you're not careful)