Author Topic: 1971 Sunn Concert PA Control Amp(Chassis Pictures)  (Read 4532 times)

Offline Nater

1971 Sunn Concert PA Control Amp(Chassis Pictures)
« on: May 06, 2010, 03:01:58 pm »
Here are some internal pictures i just took of my Concert PA amp. So i found out it's a 1971, so from the info Ive gotten here, it's got 120 watt RMS, and is amazing with a good fuzz pedal, like my Sovtek Big Muff, which makes sense cause it damn loud. Here are some pictures, Enjoy!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:58:49 pm by Nater »

Offline scotzoid

Re: 1971 Sunn Concert PA Control Amp(Chassis Pictures)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 07:04:37 pm »
Nice! The first band I was in (that actually got out of the garage) was all Sunn equipped, & the lead "screamer" had that very model, with the dual 4-12 tall cabinets. It was such a waste for him to have all those channels when he had the only mic...

Offline Nater

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 12:32:42 am »
Update.

So when I bought this amp I planned on using it as a guitar amp while running it through a 4x12. I have my epi LP custom, in which i have fitted a seymour duncan JB in the bridge. It sounds great through the amp. I was wondering if replacing the caps on the amp or performing any other reconditioning would help reduce the high volume hiss and feedback?

Thanks

Offline Walt-Dogg

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 12:11:40 am »
It can, but usually using a PA as a guitar or bass amp will have the effect. Greg Ginn of Black Flag used to use a Peavey PA (which a friend of mine recently just acquired) for his guitar rig  before he started using rack mounted gear and as some of us know it just screamed feedback because he had it turned up all the way to get distortion out of it.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810