Author Topic: sunn 300t still for sale!!!  (Read 5200 times)

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
Re: sunn 300t still for sale!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 03:22:30 pm »
Maybe I never put two and two together, but is 300T really a 300 watt Model T like the auction title says?  Not trying to derail this thread, just wondering.

Offline D(o)))(((o)M

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 05:23:16 pm »
yes and no the features on the amp are different the "t" on the 300t was added to distinguish it as a sunn model... the sound is similar to my model t reissue ... that is probably because both were made by fender and have similar tube compliments as far as the preamp is concerned... however, the 300t is way way louder and more versitile as far as tone goes ... the model t reissue has a few differing features from the 300t as i already said ... if i was to choose between the two for a good clean guitar tone i'd probably go for the 100w model t reissue, but if  i was going for the beefed up fuzzed out cut to the bone mandatory earplugs tone i would go for the 300t hopes that clarifies... lastly my '79 red knob vintage model t sounds better than anything, including my silver knob '72-'73 model t...

Offline Addam

• Opus Noir
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 06:24:29 pm »
Ya that clears it up. The auction title just sparked the question. Thanks for a speedy reply.

Offline jdfarrell81

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 03:56:52 pm »
To D(o)))(((o)M:

After looking at the Ebay listing, it dawned on me. You're in Oak, right? If so, awesome band, and cheers from a fellow Baltimorean!

To everyone else, go listen to Oak! And, for that matter, buy the amp. The 300T is a tone monster.