Author Topic: new to the fold  (Read 2213 times)

Offline anubisfield

• http://www.mp3.com/anubisfield
new to the fold
« on: September 12, 2001, 12:29:00 am »
hey there
just wanted to say that my brand-spankin' new 300T arrived via UPS today, and i have to say, pouring over the specs and instruction manual for a week didn't quite prepare me for how serious this piece of gear is.
i can't wait to set this bad boy up.
anyway, i'm glad to be in the company of the best gearheads on the planet. just let the guy next door try and keep up with his Eden.
:grin:

Anonymous

new to the fold
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2001, 01:56:00 pm »
Hi - I've had my 300T for about nine months now.  You bet it's a serious box!  I hope you gave the UPS guy a tip.

The manual is a little flaky, IMHO, with regard to the manipulation of the tone controls, particularly the split compression.  The "comp eq bal" control seems to function a little like a tone control (emphasis on "little").

Having no idea what styles you play, or sound you are going for, please allow me to express the settings I have found useful.  I use a Fender Hot-Rodded P-Bass and a Carvin BB75 fretless, both fingerstyle and some slap.  My favorite tone happens using CH1 alone, with the low and high controls set flat, the eq out, low comp about 5 and high comp about 4 with comp eq bal not quite 5 and comp gain trim slightly over 2.  Using the Sunn 410H cabinet alone, I have the low button engaged; with my old 215S cabinet the low button is off.  These settings give me a really fat yet crisp and penetrating tone.  I've spent some time trying the eq and CH2 mixing, and they all sound great.

My only complaint is the sheer weight of the unit, but I knew it was heavy!  Maybe I'll build a dolly for it!

Oh, yeah.  Eden makes a fine, overpriced product.  The 300T blows the panels off any Eden.  Have fun!

Ric Haworth