Author Topic: Questions about 1x15 Sonaro cab value  (Read 2410 times)

Offline giiyo

Questions about 1x15 Sonaro cab value
« on: September 29, 2012, 07:24:04 pm »
This is a cab that is up for sale locally. The ad is for trade, and I'm considering throwing him a cash offer, but I'd like to be more informed.

By my research, this appears to be a kind of rarish version of the Sonaro cab (it is 29" tall and this is the only cab that tall in the Sunn catalogue to my knowledge aside from a studio one), before they were 2x15's.

However, it has a guitar speaker instead of a bass one. I also think that it is eminence and not JBL, but I don't know.

There is a very similar one in this post but no one really knows much about it: http://sunnforum.ampage.org/index.php/topic,6493.msg27614.html#msg27614

What do you think its value is? Fyi, I'm considering pairing it with my Traynor YBA-1 head (For guitar!)

Any comments, opinions, or input?

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:33:45 pm by giiyo »

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
Re: Questions about 1x15 Sonaro cab value
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 08:03:03 pm »
My comments would be the same as in the thread you linked. That is probably the stock speaker. There was no 15 inch "Guitar Transducer" in any Sunn product. They probably just ran out of the correct stickers. There are other examples like in Sorado cabinets. Might be a little too bassy with a YBA-1 but it won't hurt to give it a try.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Questions about 1x15 Sonaro cab value
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 10:35:48 pm »
I don't think that there were a whole lot of those produced, so there isn't a boatload of info available. As far as value, I don't think I've ever actually seen one sell, hopefully some else has and can share what it sold for.
Other than than that, you are probably just going to have to work it out with the seller.
Good Luck!