Author Topic: sunn 2x15 cab-speakers left aligned, horns right aligned  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Randy H.

sunn 2x15 cab-speakers left aligned, horns right aligned
« on: October 03, 2001, 08:10:00 pm »
I have a Sunn 2x15 cab with the silver vertical rectangular grill cloth.  The 2 speakers are aligned left of center with the 2 horns aligned on the right side of the cab.  The registered sunn trademark appears below the sunn logo.  I bought the cab with a 200s head that has the diagonal silver/blue tighter rectangles without the sunn registered trademark under the sunn lettering logo.  Based on what I have read, the head looks to be 1969 or before.  The cab I can not figure out.  Any idea which cabinet I have and from what year/time frame?  Is it a 200s? My guess is that the 2 pieces are not a unit but rather from 2 different products.  Based on the pictures I have seen, I can not see a sunn 2x15 cab with the speakers on the left side and the horns on the right.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Randy H.

Offline Rocketboy

sunn 2x15 cab-speakers left aligned, horns right aligned
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2001, 08:11:00 pm »
Hi Randy -
I believe your cabinet is a model 215S, which was the cabinet supplied with the solid-state Concert Bass amp.  I have one and really, really like it.  It has the same exterior dimensions as a 200S cabinet, but is front loading with, as you describe, the 15" drivers vertically aligned to the left of center, and the two vertical horn ports on the right.  Mine has a identification plate on the upper left corner of the cabinet back.  Rocketboy
Heads up, everybody!