Author Topic: Restoring SPL8028  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Stevegan

Restoring SPL8028
« on: April 18, 2014, 11:05:26 pm »
Hello everyone, finally got my hands on a reason to post here!

I just bought an SPL8028, in pretty rough shape cosmetically (and I need to replace the 12").
I want to restore this beast, but finding any information is proving difficult - I've got specs for the speakers, but I've only seen about 3 different pictures.

Does anyone happen to have a picture of one of these in good / like new condition?
It'd be great to have for reference.

I can follow up with pictures of my cab if folks are interested, thanks!

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Restoring SPL8028
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 11:03:22 am »
Cool cab, I've only seen one in person one time years ago so I can't help you with pics.
What drivers is your cab loaded with?

Offline Stevegan

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 07:36:52 am »
I forget the numbers, but they're what I assume to be original 12" abd 18" Sunn SPL.
They seem to be in good condition as well, though I am still waotong for replacement jacks from Mouser. At some point a connection came loose, and rather than reconnect it - someone just taped the wires to themself.

Offline ryco

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 03:07:58 pm »
Here's a pic of mine (with others), but it's hardly "like new." The grill over the 18" is missing. Bought it used that way.
Mine came loaded with EVs

and here's a post about it I did a long time ago on this forum. The person who designed this cab answered in this thread, so you could contact him for any restoration info.
http://sunnforum.ampage.org/index.php/topic,2140.msg25743.html#msg25743
<%+