Author Topic: Sorado with External Power Amp  (Read 3677 times)

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Sorado with External Power Amp
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 08:02:05 pm »
I'd like to chime in about Behringer,  I have one of their 412 guitar cabs (with whatever stock Jensens they load it with) and despite whatever I've thrown at it (a fair portion being questionable) I haven't had any problems.  Before I got my Sunn 412 for my Coliseum Lead I was using the Behringer and an Ampeg 410 bass cab that gave a pretty good "odd" sound.  On a budget I think it's a safe bet.

I agree with you, although you must admit it's pretty hard to screw up a sealed, Jensen loaded 4X12 guitar cab. I wasn't trying to slight Behringer, but I was serious when I wrote "IMO Behringer makes "questionable" gear at best, but it's cheap enough to throw away when it breaks and buy another one!" It is what it is, kinda like a Kia or a Daewoo in the car world. It's all relative, questionable quality but very inexpensive can still be a good value overall.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Behringer DI for $40, you could maybe save a few bucks and build a reasonable working DI for the application discussed way back when in the beginning of this thread, but you couldn't build this for $40 unless you steal the parts from an electrical supply house; www.behringerdownload.de/DI100/DI100_B_Specs.pdf
Which makes this a good value in my book, even if it is a Behringer product!