Author Topic: sunn concert bass  (Read 2122 times)

thepostagexera

sunn concert bass
« on: June 01, 2003, 09:03:38 pm »
what do you guys think of this head? pro's and con's? any input AT ALL would be appreciated. thanks.

Offline briann

sunn concert bass
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 07:28:34 pm »
id say if you can get yer hands on one for pretty cheap, go for it.  i have a concert lead and a concert bass... had a problem with the lead cutting out (probably a bad heat sensing circuit), possibly the same problem with the bass (but i think it just got pulled out of the outlet durin a gig).

if possible, i would go for a tube head, but thats just my preference. however the concert bass has some good tone and decent amount of volume... but no reverb! what ya should do, is buy a concert lead instead and use it for bass...they are almost identical; the bass has one channel and no reverb.

thepostagexera

sunn concert bass
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 06:35:47 am »
i don't really need reverb. all i want is the amp to be pretty loud, and not clip. it also needs to be able to power 4x12"s :D

Hop

sunn concert bass
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 05:47:09 pm »
If you want LOUD and don't mind lugging it around, go for the 300T modern SUNN bass all tube 300 watt head (no longer made - at least under this name).  It will drive those 4x12's and then some.  Absolutely the best high wattage bass head I have ever played.  I also have the lower 65 watt vintage 1968 200s head - the best lower watt bass head I ever played.  You can probably get both on the cheap.

Hop

the postagexera

sunn concert bass
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2003, 07:58:10 pm »
man, i would like a 300t, but the cheapest i have seen them go for is like 600. im getting a concert bass for 250 shipped so id like to go for that if it will work for me.